Begin by lying on the stomach. There are
two ways to move into the Cobra Pose:
1) The classic way, which is ideal:.
- Start out lying on the stomach, hands under the shoulders,
palms flat on the ground.
- Lift the chest and heart up first, and let the head follow
as you lean back.
- Straighten the arms.
2) The real. Try one or more of these tips if you have trouble
with the ideal version:
- Start out in Front Platform Pose, and carefully drop
down into Cobra.
- If you can't keep your feet together, keep the back of
the upper thighs together.
- If it is difficult to keep the arms straight, bend your
elbows, or put your forearms on the ground.
- Try Cobra Pose with your pelvis off the ground.
yoga poems drawings